return shipping to China, counterfeit phone with nonremovable Lithium battery.

espresso2
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal wants me to return a counterfeit phone with nonremovable Lithium battery to China. Post office says NO, and pulled out the international mail manual. I can not ship it by AIR to China. Also shipping counterfeit goods is forbidden. But I'm more concerned about lithium, as the phone doesn't work right. And if it explodes on an airplane, I'll be the one going to Jail!!!! Not the scammer in China. Who illegally ship lithium by air from China. Sure its legal in the US to ship with in the US, but not on a Chinese airplane. Oh, I almost forgot, the return address given by paypal is intentionally manipulated not to be an exact address. Wrong zip code, but close, street intentionally improperly spelled and what not. Clearly the seller wants to be called by the post office in China to come and pick up the package. But it could get lost and I get bad tracking. what to do???

Also beside the very expensive express mail international, is priority mail trackable in China? I once shipped registered airmail, and that totally failed once it made it to China, and the seller denies receiving the package.

thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the payment with credit card...and the item you received is counterfeit and unsatisfactory. Dispute it with your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess is that, in reality, you are out of options.

Buying electronics from oversees is extremely high risk and buyers unknowingly accept.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should look at your realistic options AND costs.  PayPal requires return for a refund.

If you even do find a legal way to ship with tracking, you need to consider the costs and risks.  Suppose you pay $40 for return which takes 6 weeks.  Even if it doesn't get lost or confiscated by customs you can't get a refund for at least 6 weeks.  Will the tracking really show delivered?  Will the seller even be in business with PayPal at that time?  Will the saller accept the return as not altered?

You could still lose the case and have no phone after spending more money for return shipping.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

to get tracking and signature confirmation,you have to use private carrier,join INXPRESS to get DHL discount.

but you will still have problem with lithium battery,why dont you remove the part which has the battery and ship the remaining part.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the payment with credit card...and the item you received is counterfeit and unsatisfactory. Dispute it with your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

counterfeit is not meant to be returned but destroyed!

Paypal used t o ask for proof the item is counterfeit and then ask you to destroy the item and come back and confirm such to get your refund,but now I assume robot does not ask .

But if you do not want to return the item with tracking which would cost you 65-120 dollars,then skip Paypal and file with your cc issuer,telling them it is a counterfeit and seller provided incorrect address,not responding to your request for correct address etc and that shipping with lithium is not allowed by USPS. 

Login to Me Too

espresso2
Contributor
Contributor

I messagged paypal about these 3 issues, tracking, counterfeit and lithium batteries. 3 return messages from paypal, and nothing but vague responses. Its been many years since I had to fight paypal and do a dispute. It seems they still after all these years they still want to fight you every step of the way! when you get ripped off.

Anyways, paypal says its not illegal to ship counterfeit, when its returning it for buyers protection.

Yeah, right, but this is china, I told them. You still have to comply with the international mail manual with usps

and china post regulations.

Which leads to problem number 2, non-removable lithium battery, and a big one at that. I believe I read that

china limits personal air shipments to 2 grams of lithium batteries. Supposeitly my battery is 3600mah. But

paypal after 3 attempts, would not answer me on what I should do, nor what are the recommended trackable

methods.

I have had ems, priority and registered mail fail me on tracking, it tracks to china, and to some extent in china, then

just stops, no further movement. then after a week, completely disappears from online tracking.

this happens to USPS also. but to a lesser extent.

Then when filing for insurance, china does not respond to the insurance claim, so after 2-6 months, you are still fighting with usps.

Guess, its time to call my credit card company!!!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

USPS has no control over foreign post office,the only way to get signature and tracking is with private carrer as they have offices all over the world.

but filing with your cc issuer is your best choice  .

next time,dont buy from China anything you cant afford to lose

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.