"report an issue" page does not work

Antonmgr
Contributor
Contributor

When I click the "Report an issue" button on an activity, I get sent to a page ("https://www.paypal.com/resolutioncenter/disputeOptions/entry?action=select&txnId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...") which shows nothing. No options whatsoever.Capture.PNG

Same page appears with using the "resolution center".
Mind you, I have tried using Mozilla and Edge.
Also I had another friend do the same thing from latest Chrome and Edge and they had the same issue too.
Also we both disabled our ad blockers.

Does this page use Flash? I had to disable flash because it was causing me issues to a webpage related to my job.

UPDATE: I  installed flash too, also tried it with IE 11 nothing seems to fix the problem

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

XtremeOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

"contact us" links take you on endless loops to another page with only another "contact us" link.

Here's what works (currently until they maybe change the number):

Paypal phone to a live representative

<removed>

(you cannot copy the number from paypal page and paste – all that gives is a link, not a number and we all know how the links go)

If they ask you if it's related to an ebay purchase and it is, say yes but then they'll ask if you want to talk to an ebay representative  SAY NO if you've already exhausted the ebay process

keep voice recordings of all calls, have them READ BACK all information you give them   AND call back the next and and have them read it back again so you have a recording proving that they have it and recorded it correctly.

DO NOT GIVE PAYPAL A USPS PICKUP TRACKING NUMBER    USPS issues a different TRANSIT tracking number AFTER they've picked it up   It seems that if you give Paypal the pickup tracking number they somehow just cannot manage to replace it with the TRANSIT tracking number no matter how many times you try!      (It's called "passive aggression")

Login to Me Too

geniruiva

december, 26th  2018 , still happening

Login to Me Too

deezgooglin
New Community Member

So I get **bleep** out of $100's because I can't file a claim because Paypal can't fix their "report a problem" link?

I will no longer use Paypal. Also Ebay just lost a customer too. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @deezgooglin,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unable to open a dispute using the Resolution Center. If that page isn't working for you, please contact customer service for assistance opening the claim and to report the technical issue that you're having.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

XtremeOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

Please tell us how you managed to contact them!   I cannot find this information anywhere!

Login to Me Too

madrian
Contributor
Contributor

I NEED TO OPEN A CASE FIX THIS ASAP Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Kter93
Contributor
Contributor

Found a temporary solution to the issue.

whenever you press "report an issue" you get a link, before it redirects you to the blank page, like this:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_comres_flow&trans_id=XXXXXXXXXXXX&select_dispute_type=1

where "XXXXXXXXXXXX" is the transaction id.

just copy this link and delete "&select_dispute_type=1"  so it becomes:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_comres_flow&trans_id=XXXXXXXXXXXX

or just copy the link above and enter your transaction id instead of "XXXXXXXXXXXX"

Good luck with your disputes everyone!

Login to Me Too

Antonmgr
Contributor
Contributor

Nice workarround, it works.

Login to Me Too

smoke121
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the solution. You can also contact customer support tell them the issue and they will file a dispute for you, after that you can see it and respond to seller yourself.

Login to Me Too

donnamag
Contributor
Contributor

Kter93 that worked thanks so so so so much!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.