"Seller unable to respond to dispute"

CDB833
Contributor
Contributor
Long story short I opened a dispute against a seller that will not communicate with me regarding a purchase ($90)I made 4 months ago and I never received. When I submitted my dispute, a box immediately opened that said "the seller is unable to respond to this dispute. Escalate to a claim." What does this mean? I opened a claim and am waiting for a response from the seller. My fear is they have closed their paypal acct. Will I still get my money back even if they have closed thEirik paypal acct? What if they don't respond to the claim? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal willl manage the seller; that's not your concern.

If you have properly escalated the dispute to a claim, then you just wait for PayPal to respond.

What was the item?

Was the dispute for item not received?  If so, did the seller provide tracking number to show delivered.

Assuming dispute for non-delivery, PayPal should give you a refund if the seller fails to prove delivery.

Login to Me Too

CDB833
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it is for and item that was never shipped, or received. It was a wooden monogram wall hanging that I ordered 4 months ago. I've tried, calling, emailing, fb messaging the seller with no response, however they continue to take orders and interact with other customers on their website/fb page. I noticed on their website the other day that they no longer have "Paypal" listed as a way to pay. So I guess I'm just wondering .....if the seller did in fact close their PayPal account recently, will I still be able to get refunded?
Login to Me Too

CDB833
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it is for and item that was never shipped, or received. It was a wooden monogram wall hanging that I ordered 4 months ago. I've tried, calling, emailing, fb messaging the seller with no response, however they continue to take orders and interact with other customers on their website/fb page. I noticed on their website the other day that they no longer have "Paypal" listed as a way to pay. So I guess I'm just wondering .....if the seller did in fact close their PayPal account recently, will I still be able to get refunded?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has buyer protection.  It has nothing to do with the status of the seller.

As long as you comply with policies for buyer protection and seller fails to comply with seller protection, then you get your money back.  This assumes that your claim was submitted correctly and with any requried documentation.

Login to Me Too

CDB833
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You're welcome.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have 180 days ,escalate to get Paypal review now,Paypal wil decide in your favor and return your money.

You seller has removed Paypal from his site,which means he could have closed his account and no longer accept Paypal.

Paypal would have to refund you out of its coffer and then go after him 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.