"Money is waiting for you"

tiedyediva
New Community Member

Recent emails from Paypal are now titled "Money is waiting for you" instead of "Notification of Payment Received". Is this Paypal being cute, or is something different about these payments? When I go to my account they say they are completed.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Cardilla
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue! Also occasionally titled so-n-so “sent you money.” Do I have to do something to complete this transaction?!
Login to Me Too

gbr20171231
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. What's the f**k Paypal is doing now? Why using confusing words for money related things?

If we don't sell on ebay we wouldn't use Paypal.

By the way, we set Stripe on our website, and most of my customers use Stripe to pay.

Login to Me Too

BusinessLegend
New Community Member

I also just received an email from <removed> with the subject "Money is waiting for you"

This is business with a newer client, so I figure it's better to check here and wait for some type of confirmation of a change

before accepting it at face value. Otherwise, I'll forward it to the Spoof department.

Login to Me Too

pizza70
Contributor
Contributor

As the OP stated, the transactions show up as "completed" in their account. I think it's just a mistake that somebody made in the part of the system that sends out notification emails.

"Money is waiting for you" is something I've only seen a few times before and that was usually when somebody sent me money to an email that was not associated with a PayPal account.  So the money was waiting for me to set up a PayPal account, or associate the email with my existing PayPal account.

In may case, I'm seeing this message regularly with PayPal payments from my online store, but the payments are completed and my other software is importing the transactions as such.

Don't panic. But if you are requesting money from people or getting these messages sent to email addresses of yours that are not associated with your PayPal account, then do check into them.

And of course, always watch out for phishing emails and make sure that they email is legit.

Login to Me Too

Nate851
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, getting these too the past few days when someone buys a product off my website. Hopefully this was a **bleep** up on the back end and will be changed back because "Money is waiting for you" doesn't make any sense when receiving a payment from a client. Waiting for me where? Just causes confusion.

Login to Me Too

Martin_Harris
New Community Member

Because of this, I didn't open our client's payment email.  We were unaware that they had paid, and not only were they GREATLY inconvenienced, we lost almost $300.  Yes, in April all the way from December.  PayPal sends us tons of advertising, and then decides arbitrarily to change the heading on payment emails.  Don't they know better than this?

Login to Me Too

Annvanny
Contributor
Contributor

mobdrink

i dodnt just understand this 

and worse is i cant even use my paypal balance any longer pls help

Login to Me Too

localmode
Contributor
Contributor

me too 

same problem

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.