"BOWSTAUF" <removed> charge

GoShay2004
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to find out about a $250.00 charge on my PayPal account on January 22, 2018. I would not know if it is legitimate or not because I can 't find out who it is or what they sell... I do shop online almost exclusively, but have no recall of any purchase in this exact amount and can't seem to run this down.  I came to this forum, and find 47 others have exactly the same complaint, albeit different amounts, and NO ANSWERS ARE OFFERED AT ALL.  What good is a help forum when there are this many questions and pleas for help regarding the SAME "seller" but PayPal can't even find the time to respond, at LEAST to identify who we have paid this money to and maybe look into that person/company for fraud.  We count on PayPal to keep our money and purchases safe, THAT is why we come to PayPal to purchase in the first place.  This is not good, PayPal. We are asking for guidance here!  If we file a report without being able to find out for sure what the charge is for, they can get US for fraud, but they won't help us find out who this is BEFORE we file that complaint.   

TELL US WHAT W NEED TO DO. PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi GoShay2004!

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community! I'm really sorry to hear that you've recently come across an unrecognized transaction. 😞

If you are not seeing the transaction in your PayPal account activity and you do not have an email receipt for the transaction, then it sounds like your financial information may have been compromised. We'd recommend giving us a call so we can investigate this situation further and work together toward a resolution. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi GoShay2004!

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community! I'm really sorry to hear that you've recently come across an unrecognized transaction. 😞

If you are not seeing the transaction in your PayPal account activity and you do not have an email receipt for the transaction, then it sounds like your financial information may have been compromised. We'd recommend giving us a call so we can investigate this situation further and work together toward a resolution. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

TraderPaul
New Community Member

Why does every reply in the forum start with, "I'm sorry to hear that".  Why is anyone continuing to use PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.