payment made as a guest, item not recieved

amandadonnelly
New Community Member

i made a payment as a guest, for a cd from a bands website through paypal. the payment was made but the item was not recieved. after making many attempts to contact them and see whats going on ive heard nothing at all. 

i then messaged paypal and explained what happened. they asked for my transaction id which i explained more than once that i dont have, but i have my reciept that was sent via email from paypal.

i feel like im going round in circles and all i want is my money back .

please heeelp

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Try phoning customer service again (can be a challenge yes), make sure you explain that you paid as a guest, you don't have a transaction number however, there should be some other type of number on your email receipt you can provide to them - tell them you would like to open a dispute requesting a refund.   If you hit a dead end with customer service, your other option is to contact your credit card issuer for assistance, they can be quite helpful sometimes.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amandadonnelly

If you paid as a guest buyer then paypal will advise you to challenge the payment via your card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.