partial refund on damaged eBay item never sent

d66lamour
New Community Member

Hello. I ordered an ceramic bust on eBay last month. It had a crack in the base, which the seller disclosed. I asked him about it, and he said he didn't think it was structural. When the item arrived, it had broken in transit where the crack had been. I notified the seller. He gave me the option of a full refund if I returned it, or a small refund if I kept it. I liked the item and wanted to keep it, but I would need to have the item repaired properly, and the small refund he offered meant that I would end up paying $250 for an item that should have been delivered unbroken for the $112 ($87 + $25 shipping) I paid for it. The seller was only willing to increase his refund from $37 to $45, which I felt was still unreasonable, but I finally accepted it, feeling I had no other options. The seller offered the option of the $45 refund on August 29. I accepted it on September 5 but heard nothing back. I asked on September 14 if he had sent the refund. I have not, as of September 19, received any refund, nor have I had any email response from the seller since August 29. I tried to find a way to have eBay step in and resolve the issue but I coudln't find a way to do that on their web site, just a bunch of limited options and stock answers. I'd be interested in any advice on how to deal with this situation. I feel the seller's refund offers and responses have been unhelpful and minimal. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.