new fraud

Liuba77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone.

Just had an experience with new fraud and Paypal simply ignore it.

Brief story.

Bought a diamond ring (almost 3000$)

Paid with PP. Got tracking, tracking showed it was delivered somewhwere. Called UPS-they said that address and name is not matching mine.

Seller not responding,Paypal closed the case into sellers favor BECAUSE tracing shows it WAS delivered...And i sent to PP evidence from UPS that its not matching my name and address,howere PP simply ignored that...

And now dont even know what to do...Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the address in the same zipcode as yours?

You need t o get a copy from UPS showing where it was shipped to,also point out to Paypal any payment $750 or more MUST BE SIGNED FOR.

if UPS shows signature,whose signature is it?

Paypal robot closed you case,now you have to appeal and hoepfully a human being will look into it.

This is a not new,send an empty envelope to aplace in your zipcode which is open during business hour like chinese restaurant,drycleaner,T MOBILe SHOP ,someone will sign packages .

if Paypal does not side with you,file chargeback with your cc issuer.

Who would buy a 3k diamond ring from a stranger???

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the address in the same zipcode as yours?

You need t o get a copy from UPS showing where it was shipped to,also point out to Paypal any payment $750 or more MUST BE SIGNED FOR.

if UPS shows signature,whose signature is it?

Paypal robot closed you case,now you have to appeal and hoepfully a human being will look into it.

This is a not new,send an empty envelope to aplace in your zipcode which is open during business hour like chinese restaurant,drycleaner,T MOBILe SHOP ,someone will sign packages .

if Paypal does not side with you,file chargeback with your cc issuer.

Who would buy a 3k diamond ring from a stranger???

Login to Me Too

Liuba77
Contributor
Contributor

I got the proof from UPS,pointed few times that...it was just ignored because tracking at PP shows the item was delivered...

And yes,i am buying a lot of jewellery. Usually its quite safe with PP.

Thank you for your response!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.