logging into paypal from another company's website

dalaimomma

Empower wants to verify my account with them by my logging into paypal from their website. They are to issue payments to me. They say they will send me a small payment and reclaim it. Is this a common practice? I realized I'd be putting my password into their website's paypal login. Seems like a great phishing opportunity.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

There are times when you would do things like setup a Billing Agreement for a website or application, or sometimes they have Permissions APIs hooked, for example.  In each case you would be sent to the paypal.com site, and that's where you would login to your account, approve the agreement/permissions, and you would then be sent back to the website.

If they are asking you to enter your PayPal details into a form on their actual site without any redirect to PayPal, then yeah, you don't want to do that and I would report it.  Can you provide a URL where they're doing this or a screenshot of it?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

dalaimomma

how do I send you the screen shots?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You can add them here through the Reply window. Just click the icon to add a photo and then select the screenshots that you've saved.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.