is it safe to sell bitcoins with paypal ?

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

can anyone inform me the rules about selling bitcoin or bitcoin mining contracts on e bay via paypal.? the block chain transaction (link) is verified by paypal ? should i record the transactions or what ? should i make business account ? anyone can help me? thank u very much.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

So you can accept mining contract like service. okey i dont have problem with that , so  u guarantee to me that when i wlll call paypal tommorow ill get the same answer ?!  IM totally sure that they will tell me a different story! 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If I read the listing you posted,he is offering to mine for a fee duration is 24 hours.

He is not selling bitcoin or altcoin,but I am not familiar with mining ,how does one know he is not going to keep what he mined?

or save  the information you gave him  and mine it later?

here is something I found,may be you have seen it already

https://99bitcoins.com/buying-bitcoins-with-paypal-a-practical-guide/

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@manos7 wrote:

So you can accept mining contract like service. okey i dont have problem with that , so  u guarantee to me that when i wlll call paypal tommorow ill get the same answer ?!  IM totally sure that they will tell me a different story! 

I am not Ebay or PAYPAL,may be it is okay as it is providing a service,whether it is a haircut or mining coins,if someone files item not received,this seller will lose.

when you call Paypal tomorrow,what are you going to ask?mining service or buy/sell bitcoin?

Login to Me Too

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

mining contracts ofc. bitcoin trade is illegal so im gonna ask for mining contracts and as i got negative answer  past week , im gonna call them and repost 

Login to Me Too

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

by the way u are paypal ''advisor'' so u should know some infos  😉

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All I read are complaints on this forum from Bitcoin sellers,they are cheated out of their bitcoins when the buyer file item not received with Paypal and they lost the dispute.

Login to Me Too

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

well when someone sell bitcoins  should know and recognize that its  risky and he can be fraud easy. so if the seller doesnt have any problem to risk it and give refunds , i cant understand why paypal is bothered by that. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal owns the merchant account to process credit card transactions,eating too many chargebacks make Paypal look bad,you heard of reserves and rolling reserves.

also it defeats the  purpose of being in business,if what you collect ,you have to refund,so where is the beef?

but if Paypal Olivia said PaYPAL policy is no currency and I assume bitcoin and altcoins are currencies??

Someday Paypal may come around and accept bitcoins.

If I were a Saudi sheik trapped in a hotel and my cousin is asking for billions ransom,I would sure like to go home and buy some bitcoins!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.