is extending time by escalating to claims an appropriate course of action?

miffyk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. This is my first time dealing with a dispute. Paypal support has not been very helpful as they have sent me two default dispute messages already.

Seller is unresponsive and has ignored all forms of communication throughout all of last month.

They updated my order status with a tracking number that does not work yet (still unsent), halfway through the dispute. The items they intend to send out do not make up my entire order.

I had requested for a full refund before I placed the dispute, but it was ignored. Since they coincidentally updated my order and only intend to send a part of my order, I would like to refund for the costs of the items I will not receive in the shipment. But I am also waiting to see if I will get the items my account says they will send (as shipping mistakes can happen).

They are very slow and unresponsive in general and the deadline is coming in a week. It's been one and a half months since I placed my order.

I hear they take 2 weeks to send out orders after sending out tracking numbers. That means by the time they send out my order, the dispute deadline has approached. 

My current plan is to escalate it to claims should I not receive my items on time. All I want is reimbursement for the items I am not receiving, escalating will give me more time for the items to get here and see what I am missing.

Is this an appropriate course of action to wait for my package and then claim for the items that are missing? I want to be safe and sure that I have everything they will supposedly send and at the same time be able to report for the items I am missing.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.