how will i get refund if seller has no balance or deletes his account

speedyallan77
Contributor
Contributor
well i see a lot of buyers doing chargeback and other scams. but now what if we bought an item from a seller and the item received is wrong or not as described and after that i do a chargeback with PayPal and PayPal contacts the seller. but suppose by the time PayPal asks the seller for refund, the seller has either closed his PayPal account or has withdrawn funds from his PayPal account and has zero balance in his PayPal account. what happens in this case how will i get refund. in this case does PayPal incur Loss and refund the buyer from their money or do they go behind the seller physically to get the money back?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you open a dispute with Paypal and WIN,then Paypal will refund you ,then go after the seller.

buy wisely,use your good judgment

Login to Me Too

speedyallan77
Contributor
Contributor
my question here is does PayPal go behind seller in any country? becoz what about unpopular countries which PayPal does not have an office. im assuming PayPal is mainly based in usa. so incase paypal cannot get their money back from the seller, what do they do? do they just incur the loss? coz in my country paypal does not even have an office and most of paypals services only got recently enabled in my country
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.