how to get a refund for the duties and taxes If the item does not match seller's description on eBay

_ROBIN_
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a tie on ebay. It does not match the description, then I open a request a refund. The seller accept it. I got $35 (USD) and the case closed automatically. However, I paid another $14.55(CAD) for duties and taxes when I picked the item up in Canada Post office. I asked seller to refund it to me . He refused because he asked me to keep the tie. I called ebay, they seller should pay it back to me and tell me to call Paypal and let theopen a dispute. I made a call to Paypal, all lines were busy. Then, I sent an email to Paypal about this, they said " I’ve reviewed your PayPal account and I can see that the payment in question currently has an open dispute with eBay, not PayPal. Although PayPal and eBay are closely linked, we operate as separate companies and we don t have access to eBay s systems. For more information on this dispute, please contact eBay." Later,  I reopend the case and ask for a appeal. eBay replied "Robin, I reviewed the details of the case and I see that you were already fully refunded with the amount that you originally paid for the transaction. I understand it seems to be unfair for you to pay for the duties and taxes for an item that is not as described. However, we cannot force the seller to pay for it as we only have access to the funds that you originally paid them. For that reason, we can't grant an appeal for this case." Now, the case is completely closed.  However, i have seen the return policy of ebay. It says the total refund shoul include other charges paid by buyer.

I am confused now. What should I do?

Please help me. Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.