fraudulent charge

lulu1947
Contributor
Contributor

I received a charge today to paypal which I did not authorize. I tried to dispute it in the resolution site, but it wouldn't tell me the transaction, so I couldn't report it. What do I do?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @lulu1947,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity! Were you able to find the transaction in the activity list in your PayPal account, or are you going off of information received in an email. If the information came from an email and isn't present in your account, that would likely be a spoof/phishing email, and the email should be forwarded to spoof@paypal.com. If the transaction is actually in your account activity, it should also be able to be selected when your click to report a problem in your account. If there are any difficulties doing that, please reach out to customer support for assistance. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this is resolved for you swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.