email scam

VintageUser
New Community Member

I received the following email today.  I am certain it is fake.  Is there someone at PayPal I should notify or forward the email to?

Dear PP user,

Recently we reminded you that you had limited time to respond 
with
information regarding a transaction that may involve funds from 
an
unauthorised source. Since you have not responded, we will 
continue our
investigation without your input.

For additional details, please log in to your PayPal account at :

http://www.cetcmems.com/en/usPayPalLogIntoPayPalaccount/PPLogIn.htm

Yours sincerely, 
PP Protection Services Department

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VintageUser

Paypal never address you as Dear paypal user OR member OR anything else.

They always address you as Dear and your full forename and surname eg Dear John Smith.

Also paypal would never tell you to log in via a link in an email, they would tell you to log in normally and go to the resolution centre.

Send to spoof@paypal.com

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scammerino!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VintageUser

Paypal never address you as Dear paypal user OR member OR anything else.

They always address you as Dear and your full forename and surname eg Dear John Smith.

Also paypal would never tell you to log in via a link in an email, they would tell you to log in normally and go to the resolution centre.

Send to spoof@paypal.com

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wrightywright69
New Community Member
Your Account PayPal Hash Been Limited
Dear costumer,

We noticed unusual activity in your PayPal account,you need to take action to restore your PayPal account. Until you do, your access is limited.

What's going on?

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account using the link below and complete the steps to confirm your identity and recent account activity. To help protect your account, access will remain limited until you complete the necessary steps.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

mispellings-HASH,costomer !

always look at the IP address,it should end with paypal dot com.

Login to Me Too

Sinders
Contributor
Contributor

I received same email and reported it to PayPal, this was followed by another email few days later, see below,referring to me by name as PayPal do in there emails, so you cannot assume emails that say they are from PayPal are. i logged into PayPal by another browser to check if anything was wrong with my account, nope, everything fine. Reported this to PayPal also.

Subject: Activity Limited

Security notice

Dear  

We are writing to inform you about recent initiative taken by PayPal to secure our network against online fraud by authenticating our clients randomly on the basis of the threat level of their account.
Your account has been filtered by our system for authentication. Please view the possible events listed below for this cause

Possible events occurred

Requesting any operation using unusual pattern.

Too many incorrect log in attempts.

For security, all your account services are disabled until response has been received from you.

Please click "Authenticate now" button below to confirm your possesion.

Confirm now

Thank you,
PayPal

Date : 12-NOV-2016

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. is duly licenced as a Luxembourg credit institution in the sense of Article 2 of the law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector as amended and is under the prudential supervision of the Luxembourg supervisory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier, with registered office in L-1150 Luxembourg.

© 1999–2016 PayPal Inc.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.