ebay scam, some paypal questions

lc21
Contributor
Contributor

so i tried to sell an item and someone made a bid looked all good but sure its a scam, my questions are can you fake a paypal payment

as it looks like they sent one but it just says payment pending, and is there a way to get rid of it

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A PayPal transaction cannot be faked.  It WILL be in your PayPal activity list on your computer.  You need to check the transaction details on your computer; PayPal will provide shipping and other information.  Never ship unless PayPal approves.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A PayPal transaction cannot be faked.  It WILL be in your PayPal activity list on your computer.  You need to check the transaction details on your computer; PayPal will provide shipping and other information.  Never ship unless PayPal approves.

Login to Me Too

lc21
Contributor
Contributor

so it was paid, the reason i say its a scam as the account in question seems to have vanished, ebay took it down i think

so what happenens now, does paypal confirm it

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if ebay removes his Ebay account,then he is probably suspended and tried to comeback.

did you get an email from Ebay?

it is up to you if you stil want to ship,look at the paypal notice,if it is eligible for protection and the address you are supposed t o ship to.

you wil get no Ebay protection,but you will get Paypal ,review the notice from Paypal before you ship

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.