dispute transaction

nhidang2307
New Community Member

I would like to ask, If I purchase the shoes under the Paypal goods and services. In case that, the seller scam me with the fake and not the authentic that I purchased. Can I dispute the transaction under as a reason that Items as not described

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nhidang2307

You can dispute anything, whether you win or not is dependent on many factors.

Also even if you do win how much it would cost you to return the item would depend on what country you bought from.

BUT if you can get written proof that the item is fake from a shop / company that sold / made the item then paypal would often not expect you to return it.

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection in their user agreement so you can risk assess your transactions...good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nhidang2307

You can dispute anything, whether you win or not is dependent on many factors.

Also even if you do win how much it would cost you to return the item would depend on what country you bought from.

BUT if you can get written proof that the item is fake from a shop / company that sold / made the item then paypal would often not expect you to return it.

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection in their user agreement so you can risk assess your transactions...good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Thato123
New Community Member

I had a dispute closed and I wasn't successful. I now want to put another dispute on the same transaction, is it possible?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thato123

1 dispute per transaction.

What dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.