discrepancy between eBay and PayPal when paying with credit card

kaoskev
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I purchased an item for $127.16 using my corporate MasterCard. On eBay I printed out the receipt and submitted to my accounting department. A month later,my accounting department rejected the eBay invoice because Paypal charged $132.01 due to almost $5.00 in extra fees. I need to submit a receipt for the actual amount charged to my credit card and had to spend 1/2 hour on the phone with Paypal for them to generate a receipt for the correct amount. Is there a better solution? The same thing happened to my in January. Now I am not wanting to buy stuff for my company if I can't generate a proper receipt. For me, it isn't the money, it's the hassle I am trying to avoid.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Myfunblog
Contributor
Contributor
What I would do is unlink PayPal from eBay because sometimes PayPal charges more and sometimes eBay charges more than expected it depends on the sales taxes
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kaoskev,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a discrepancy in what you were charged! When purchasing, there should not be fees charged to you by PayPal. In a goods and services payment, the fees are paid by the seller. 

To request that PayPal examine the transaction, please follow these steps to open a billing dispute. A representative can examine the transaction and determine what caused the discrepancy. If there was an error, they can fix it.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.