craigslist scammers

ljordan119
New Community Member

I advertised an item on Craigslist. Two potential customers contacted me. They wanted my Paypal email address. Why? I felt they were scammers and I made no further dealings with them. I figured there is no way they can hack my account with Paypal. I texted and gave me the sad luck story and about the shipping agent.  Isimple replied, no worries, I will sell my item to someone else.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Suggest that when selling - always send the buyer an itemized invoice, they pay, once you have the funds in your account balance, you ship the item, record the tracking number and insure if applicable.   As the seller, it's your ball game, if the buyer questions your method - then that's a huge red flag.    Craig's List is playground for scammers and rookie PayPal users.   Take the some time to read the User Agreement and note the Seller Protection section - the scammers are already well versed on the User Agreement Policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.