concerns about protections as a seller

Jimmy3993
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I am newish to paypal as a seller. I trade and sell the occasional watch and paypal could widen my reach dramatically. The fees dont bother me. I know how to spot the fake "click this link for your payment" scams. I know to wait till frund settle in my paypal account and I have moved them out of paypal to my bank before shipping.

Here is what I worry about -

What is to stop the buyer from claiming that the item didnt get to them, or got to them and was damaged or not as described? As I read the paypal rules if such a dispute were made the "buyer" could get tier money back and still have my watch. Am I right?

Thx all. Reallyhope that I can find a way to safely use paypal as a seller.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread, advice given on the other one.

@Jimmy3993

If i answered that fully i would just be repeating exactly what is in the seller protection part of the user agreement that is there for you to read.

But for an item not received dispute to fail you need to prove the buyer received the item with a tracking number that proves delivery.

For an SNAD you need to put on the invoice etc a FULL description of the item BUT as its often one persons word against anothers paypal ''tend'' to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back to you before you have to refund.

However you are always going to have some sales go wrong, life with selling is not perfect or shops would not get shop lifters etc so all you can do is read up on seller protection and risk assess your transactions.

Seller protection is not a 100% guarantee that sorts everything I'm afraid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread, advice given on the other one.

@Jimmy3993

If i answered that fully i would just be repeating exactly what is in the seller protection part of the user agreement that is there for you to read.

But for an item not received dispute to fail you need to prove the buyer received the item with a tracking number that proves delivery.

For an SNAD you need to put on the invoice etc a FULL description of the item BUT as its often one persons word against anothers paypal ''tend'' to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back to you before you have to refund.

However you are always going to have some sales go wrong, life with selling is not perfect or shops would not get shop lifters etc so all you can do is read up on seller protection and risk assess your transactions.

Seller protection is not a 100% guarantee that sorts everything I'm afraid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.