company has threatened us now what?

lalaadvice
Contributor
Contributor

This is complicated but I'll do my best to make it simple. We contracted as a website to post a sponsored advertorial article for flirt.com. They agreed to $100 which is peanuts, but we wanted the money. Little did we know that these are scammers.

So we edited and posted the article about flirting online. After we posted it the company came back to us and said they wanted us to change the NOFOLLOW links (the only ones we would ever use) to FOLLOW links. We refused as is our policy and said that was never agreed upon,  They started threatening letters. Eventually, we pulled the article two months shy of what we agreed upon because we never got PAID (they said we did, but there is no record of it on PayPal, just an unpaid invoice notice that has not be resolved.  The email they used as as contact is  (removed)

As time went on, their letters got more and more threatening until they said they would ruin our reputation, not just on one website but ALL of them.

We can't deal with this anymore so we reposted just what they sent us with the original nofollow link.

We didn't get paid, we got all sorts of harassment from flirt.com (we believe their contacts are in Russia) and they never could provide proof of payment. So we are the victims of scammers.

My question to the community is what to do about it. There are plenty of protections for buyers, but as a "seller" and without a transaction number that I can find, I have no way to tell Paypal and warn others not to deal with this company.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Any "threats" are outside of PayPal's control.  You need to deal with them on your own.

Did you pay for any services?

Login to Me Too

lalaadvice
Contributor
Contributor

the threats were via email and also they threatened to complain to PAYPAL about us. Paypal protects BUYERS not SELLERS and we are the supposed sellers since we provided the content.  We didn't pay for services, they were supposed to pay US, for services which we did provide. 

Login to Me Too

lalaadvice
Contributor
Contributor
why is there only protection for buyers? Seller get gypped and scammed all the time as well
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have no dispute with PayPal.

PayPal was not part of any presumed deal you had with the other party.

If you had an agreement with the other party and the other party failed, then you go through any legal process available.  But, you gave no moeny; all you had was a promise.  How do really think you have a legal case against this other party?

Time ot move on to a real business deal.

Login to Me Too

lalaadvice
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to be very calm and polite. First off, you are being hostile. If you can't help, don't hinder. Thank you,

Secondly, you are not understanding something. I did not have to give flirt.com money...they were supposed to PAY for my services. They didn't, and they also made demands after we agreed upon terms that were not appropriate. I cannot pursue Russian scammers without a lot of cost and anguish so I am the victim....what part of this do you not still understand? Thank you for responding nicely, I don't need any more stress, I could use some positive suggestions. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have 4 posts and you think you know everything about PayPal.  It's obvious you don't.

You do not have any PayPal transactions and not contracts with the other party through PayPal.  It's not a PayPal issue.

It's time you learn some real business skills and accept responsbility for your own deals.

Login to Me Too

lalaadvice
Contributor
Contributor

I am a relationship expert and a writer. I've read many of your other comments. I don't know what your connection is to Paypal but almost all of the things you say to people appear to be angry bordering on nasty.  Please don't bother to say anything more to me, I am already upset about this and thought I might get some real help from someone who actually understands the English language well enough to write in it. Shame on you!  Really, don't bother...i'm not going to respond. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Shame on me?  You are the one who created the mess, no I.

Relationship expert, at what? You can't even figure out when someone really is trying to help you.  Helpful and instructional words to do not define a person's anger.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you cannot find the payment transaction in your Paypal account,then you did not get paid ,so this is not a Paypal issue.

As for harrassment ,just ignore them and they would go away and find someone else to harrass !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.