car buyer whants to pay via paypal

Aivar
New Community Member

i got this on my email:

Am ok with your price, and condition I will add the 5% paypal charge give me your paypal email so i can proceed with the payment, my shipping agent will be coming for the pick up after i complete the payment and you get your money , and i will be responsible for all transportation charges to my home,I located in Barcelona  and am in the marine core, i am at sea  right now. so once i receive the details i will go  ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping agent after you get the payment and i  will be responsible for all transportation charges. I will need your home address for the merchandise to be Picked Up by the  Shipping Company and other necessary things So kindly get back to me with this details below for the payment.......
  and he ask me for my paypal email,name and my address i hope he cannot do anything bad with that info????
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Aivar,

Thank you for posting in the community. I can definitely understand your concern. I'm sorry that no one in the community has answered this post yet. 

The situation that you're describing has all the elements of a common scam. You can read more about it here. Please be cautious!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.