buyer gave wrong shipping address. received item back will ship again but buyer nasty

tatiana363
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some items on Bonanza. $85 worth. Shipping was only $3. not a big deal, but... i shipped directly through paypal and the address the buyer gave was STREET not PLACE. the package came back to me. I emailed the buyer and told them that they have the wrong address, if they give me the correct one I'll be more than happy to re-ship to the correct one at our cost. they say, no, you made a mistake. I told them impossible since i  used paypal shipping. They told me that their address on paypal says PLACE not STREET. well, lo and behold she CHANGED the address to make it look like i made a mistake. I looked at my original paypal shipping reciept and it said STREET so I KNOW i'm right. It **bleep** me off! She's being really nasty when i was so nice and was like no problem i'll send this out to you at our expense, etc. etc. Now I feel like just refunding her the whole thing and cancelling the order. What does everyone think? who is at fault here? i had included a bunch of samples with the order and if i send it back out those are not being sent to her. She is getting her stuff and that's it. Any thoughts on this? any input is appreciated!

thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just send the package to her again,you are the retailer,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi tatiana363 -

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community! I can certainly understand where this situation would be frustrating, and do apologize for the difficulty you're experiencing with this buyer. Honestly, if you feel that refunding her is the best option for you, I couldn't fault you for that.

Sumiko is right that you're the merchant, and in that capacity it would be in your best interest to just fulfill the order. But if you'd rather just refund her so you don't have to deal with her any longer, that is totally up to you.

Whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck with it! 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

tatiana363
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I ended up sending her the items after I had cooled down a bit, including all the freebies I had originally enclosed. She emailed me after receiving the package being oh so happy and thanking me profusely and wanting to place another order. Now she wants me to 'hold' another discontinued item for her since she can't find it anywhere else. I told her I would hold it for her for a week at most, if she doesn't place the order within 7 days I cannot hold it especially since the holiday season is coming up and it's a popular item. Any thoughts on this kind of situation? Since she was a problem to begin with I probably should not have agreed to hold anything but my kindness won out. I also don't believe she will come through with the order, she seems a little flaky.

thanks for your input!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.