Would appreciate opinions about an "Unauthorized transaction" case I'm dealing with

cralsto2
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, I had what I thought was a successful transaction on Ebay with a buyer based in Indonesia. I sold him a 15" Macbook Pro laptop for roughly $1,500 USD. In our first conversation, initiated by him, he asked me to send the merchandise to his sister's apartment address also located in Indonesia.  Instead of canceling the purchase and asking him to change his address, thus requiring him to manually buy the item through Ebay once again, I did what any Ebay seller would do, and I shipped the laptop to the address as he instructed me to. The buyer then filed an unauthorized transaction of the exchange via Paypal. I've had no luck attempting to contact the buyer. Will the buyer win this dispute soley because I didn't send the mechandise directly to an address that wasn't used by his Ebay account? Is this a common fraud to obtain products from Ebay sellers at no cost? I think I made a mistake. I appreciate your thoughts. 

Here is the evidence I provided PayPal with regarding the dispute: 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You have to ship the item to the address that was in the transaction.  Scammers are well aware of the terms and policies and if they can convince you to ship to a differnent address - they win.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.