Will an invoice cover buyers protection?

Aiyomii
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking to buy something on gumtree, and was wondering if I pay through an invoice, with a description and such, and shipping included in one payment, will I be protected with buyers protection? Paying with goods and services seem more trustworthy, but will an invoice offer the same amount of safety? Is there any way that I could be scammed, and not be able to go through with a dispute just by paying via invoice instead?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as long as you pay thru goods and services,not friend and family and the item qualified for protection,you are covered for item not received,item not as described for 180 days  .

not all items are covered,like you bought a car which turns out to be a lemon,or a stock or bond which turns out to be worthless.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course you can be scammed; PayPal will not protect you from your own bad judgement.

Click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then User Agreement.  Make sure you really understand the PayPal buyer protection AND seller protection policies.  Make sure your comply with ALL PayPal buyer protection policies.  Make sure your item qualifies.

Login to Me Too

Aiyomii
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking your time to help,

Yes, I'm finding it difficult to grasp Paypal's buyer protection policies and qualification. Say I pay for goods and do not receive the item, Paypal can review the case the decide for the outcome, refund or not if the payment for the item is sent as goods/services, but will invoice provide the same protection? Also does the invoice have to state whether the payment is for a good or service since I've read that buyer protection does not cover services.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as long as you pay thru goods and services,not friend and family and the item qualified for protection,you are covered for item not received,item not as described for 180 days  .

not all items are covered,like you bought a car which turns out to be a lemon,or a stock or bond which turns out to be worthless.

Login to Me Too

Aiyomii
Contributor
Contributor

I see, so invoices should count payment through goods and services. Well everything turned out fine and I got my tablet without any problems. Thank you for your help ^^

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.