Why doesn't resolution center work?

mohallor2
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple unauthorized transactions.  When I try to report them in the resolution center the page won't load.  I've tried multiple devices and browsers.   I called yesterday, and they said they'd remove the charges.  I check my email today and have multiple emails saying the charges were now processed. I go to resolution center "0 cases" and the site still won't let me report them.  Currently on the phone again (for the last hour) stuck on hold.  Went through this nonsense a month ago as well.  Is this just how Paypal is now??  This is thousands of dollars in a foreign country I shouldn't have to spend days sorting this out.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Kenwood
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal customer service is terrible They only care about paypal and not it's users

Login to Me Too

mohallor2
Contributor
Contributor

(UPDATE)

finally off hold they said they transactions will be processed anyway and they'll address them after they go through.  This is THOUSANDS of dollars and I have tuition due on Monday.  Why would this affect my personal bank account in any way when I reported it immediately while the charges were still pending?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey mohallor2,

I'm very sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity, as well as the trouble with the Resolution Center. I understand that's been frustrating, and I apologize for the experience you've had so far. When a transaction is initiated using a bank account, PayPal sends a request to the bank for the funds. Once that request is sent, there's no way for PayPal to cancel it, even if we're notified the transaction is unauthorized. I understand this can be an inconvenience, but the only way for this request to be stopped is if the bank refuses the transfer. I would advise working with your financial institution to see what options they have for you.

Regarding the unauthorized activity, make sure you've changed your password to resecure the account so you don't receive additional unauthorized charges. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.