Why does customer support keep hanging up on me?

blurry444
Contributor
Contributor

As a long time Paypal user this situation is the first time in 10 years I have actually needed to contact Paypal and it has been an absolute nightmare.

I started a dispute over a broken AND fake product I received. Paypal wants me to spend 50% of the cost of the item in shipping to send it back to the seller who scammed me. Okay fine. But in the email from the resolution center where they are instructing me to send back the item, they did not give me an address to send it back to.

I spent hours on the phone today going in automated circles and being on hold. When I finally am able to talk to a rep they hung up on me on three different occasions.

How do you guys deal with this company at all? I cannot email, call or chat with an actual human being. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rjrealtor
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. The company who has stolen from 1000's through paypal is case scene. I cannot file a dispute, and paypal customer service hangs up on me. I am feeling just as scammed by Paypal now. How do I and thousands of others get our money back. There is no way to reach the sellers?

Login to Me Too

Abdi613
New Community Member

Same thing just happened with me right now I called over 10 times. They wrongfully chaged me over $1400 and i can't even get a hold of them. They just keep on hanging up on me.  I contacted my bank and they said I have to wait atleast 1 day to file a complaint.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the experiences you've had with the fraudulent sellers and trying to get through to us over the phone - this definitely isn't the experience we want for our customers. As these are all account and dispute specific issues, I'd like to request that you reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook, as I know the phone route isn't helping get this resolved. Thanks for working with us and I apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced thus far. Hopefully this is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.