Why am I in the negative?

DylRowe
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I had a customer that received the shirt that I sent to him and it was described in the sale and messages about it possibly running small. The guy got his shirt and proceeded to message me about a refund when we told him like any other customer that we are closing so we are not issuing any refunds. He proceeded to have his friends sabotage my Instagram by sending them to my page and posting comments under several products until I blocked them all. Anyways, I had $15 just sent to my account and I log in to transfer it and it says that I am in the negative. With the $15 it says I am negative the exact amount that the guy's shirt was. I've never had this happen so I don't know how to find out why I am in the negative. If I am in the negative because of him calling and getting a refund then I need to know how to proceed and get my shirt back. I find it unfair that he is able to get his money without sending the product back if that's the case. The help that I need is finding out why I'm in the negative and if he was the one that caused it. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It sounds like he filed a dispute that was closed in his favor, so he got the money back. You should have received notifications about this along the way. Do you have anything showing up in your resolution center history?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

DylRowe
Contributor
Contributor
I just checked my resolution center and you are right it is in there but because I've never had this happen I was unclear as to what to do. Once I responded the dispute disappeared and it doesn't say I have any open disputes or closed disputes but once I clicked continue it asked my shipping address. Does that mean that he is going to send the sweatshirt back or what happens next? The item was described perfectly but this guy is arguing that it was not so am I being charged a refund and losing out on my inventory or will I at least get my inventory back? This is frustrating because we have decided to close our business and I was going to file bankruptcy but until then I was getting things in order and now this happens. Thank you for your response and any other information would be helpful
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, if you follow the procedures he will be required to provide proof of returned merchandise.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.