When is an item officially non delivered?

XtremeOutlier
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any time limit from date of transaction and/or estimated date of delivery, either minimum or maximum for having it delcared "non delivered"?

What if the seller changes/extended the expected date of delivery after the transaction?

What if the seller states there will be a delay but does not specifiy how long?

Is there any difference in effect between non delivery -never shipped  and non delivery - shipped but never received?

ASSOCIATED QUESTION:   Is there a time limit for cancelling a prepaid order and reversing charges even if it hasn't yet shipped?

This is in reference to prepaying an item that won't be shipped for six weeks and, while not stated, is probably potentially subject to further delays.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XtremeOutlier

You can open a dispute anytime up to 180 days post payment, normally you can't escalate to a claim until 7 days post payment.

The seller then normally has 10 days to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you.

The timescale is extended for international transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XtremeOutlier

You can open a dispute anytime up to 180 days post payment, normally you can't escalate to a claim until 7 days post payment.

The seller then normally has 10 days to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you.

The timescale is extended for international transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ajrooks
Contributor
Contributor

so what if the seller provides a tracking# but there is no confirmation that package was delivered, in fact, reflects that the item is basically lost?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

An item is never OFFICIALLY non-delivered unless the postal service so states.

What is required, however, is proof of delivery by online tracking.

If your item does not show as delivery by YOUR expected or anticipated delivery date, the it is up to YOU to file a dispute with PayPal for non-delivery.  Make sure you complied with PayPal requirements for buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

ajrooks
Contributor
Contributor

I did file a claim with PP due to non-delivery of an order and they decided in favor of the seller, despite my never have received item!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

skipping Paypal,the buyer can always go to his cc issuer and file a chargeback.

Credit card rule and FTC expect seller to ship within 24 hours after payment is received.

if you cant ship promptly,then you should not charge his card.

it goes back to the old days when you walk into a store ,paid with cc and walk out with the merchandise.

mail order business does not charge your card unless it is ready to ship within 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.