What is going to happen to me? Permanent Account Limitation

caligurl_4123
New Community Member
I received notification about a few days ago that my PayPal account has been permanently limited: We recently reviewed your PayPal account activity and determined that some of your transactions are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. As a result, we have permanently limited your PayPal account and this cannot be appealed. Per the PayPal User Agreement, when we permanently limit an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation, we may hold any available balance in your PayPal account for up to 180 days. In addition, you may be liable for any amount of damages PayPal incurs for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. To read more about your liability, the actions we may take and other relevant information pertaining to the PayPal User Agreement, please refer to the following URL: <a href="https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full" target="_blank">https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full</a> Please remove all references to PayPal from your website/s and/or auction/s. This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart. The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for certain sexually oriented materials or services or for items that could be considered obscene. You can view the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking the "Legal" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and clicking "PayPal Acceptable Use Policy". You can also find some more information on the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy on our Help Center..... -------------------------------------------------- I am beyond scared because I have a student bank account that is joint with of my parent's bank account. I read that PayPal can take legal action against me. Someone please help fast I am stressing out. How much do I have to pay? Do I need a lawyer?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Notoriousufc45
Contributor
Contributor
Do you have any updates on this topic I have the same problem but I got the email last week Please reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.