What can I do about false PayPal disputes?

Red0Zone
New Community Member

So, while this hasn't happened to me. This has been happening with friends of mine frequently lately.

I have two friends who sell digital content and most customers will purchase that digital content via PayPal. However, my friend lost $400 last month from false disputes alone. Once the transaction is complete the buyer will wait a day or two and then file a claim saying that they either didn't get what they paid for or they got something else. Which definitely isn't the case. It's digital content. They receive their digital content immediately after a confirmed payment. Yet they're allowed to file a dispute and my friends have absolutely no way to fight back.

This is absolutely wrong and the fact that people can simply do this without any risk on their part is ridiculous. One of my friends is a single parent and needs to provide for her daughter and people are essentially stealing money from her that could have been used to get her and her daughter food. This is her full-time job. PayPal NEEDS to do something about this because clearly this is a huge issue on the service since there's so many community posts talking about false claims.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.