Weird charge

stacjo
Contributor
Contributor
Why did PayPal take $2.99 out of my savings account for something called INST XFER CO: PAY? Paypal should not have my savings account number or info. I didnt buy anything related to whatever it is. Paypal should only take money out of my checking account. Please tell me how I can get a refund
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stacjo

Inst xfer IS your checking account.

Don't forget when you pay someone it can be up to a few days later when its debited from your bank account as paypal pay the seller upfront, so check items you have bought a few days previously.

Also if you had funds in your paypal balance then it could have been they used those funds and then the remainder from your bank account and that is why you don't recognise it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stacjo
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't purchased anything using paypal for months. I haven't purchased anything for 2.99. So I dont understand why money was taken out of my savings. Like I said, paypal should not have known my savings account number
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey stacjo,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized charge, that's definitely a concern! If the great advice that @kernowlass provided doesn't fit your situation, then it's possible your bank account may have been compromised and added to an account without your permission. I would advise contacting your bank to report this and see what options they have to assist. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.