Website purchase validity question

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a question regarding the validity of a website I am thinking of purchasing from. Long story short I'm looking to purchase a new pc and while researching on google came across this site www.crazifire.com which has incredible discounted pc's for sale. I tried googling them to see if I can find out if they are legit or fraudulent but there isn't much information about, not even reviews from what I could find. I chatted with their online reps to question their validity and they claimed to be legit and accepted paypal. So my question would be if anyone paypal or community wise could tell me if they have had issues regarding people shopping with them.

I would hate to make a purchase from them only for the item not to come or find out they're not trustworthy and have to go through a dispute process with paypal to get my money. Normally I stick to official businesses like best buy, hp.com but their deal is "too good to be true" which makes me think they are too.

Thanks for any help in advance.

www.crazifire.com

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You said the magic words...if it's too good to be true...

This to me is too good to be true:

http://www.crazifire.com/products/Apple-%252d-MacBook-Pro-with-Retina-display-%28Latest-Model%29-%25...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor

Wow I didn't even notice that. I was just checking out this deal since this is the computer I was looking to buy. Thanks for that as you seem to have answered my question.

http://www.crazifire.com/products/HP-ENVY-750%252d114-Desktop-%26-23%22-IPS-LED-Monitor-Package.html

Login to Me Too

steph11

I encountered this too. When I saw on the chat box that their email was @yahoo it was a red flag. Also, there's a guy waiting on chat trying to get you to do paypal. It quickly dawned on me that this was a scam. Other people have written on line about his being a scam too.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

they also offfer free shipping and did you read their return policy?

They could be a wholesale distributor unloading some goods or employees of a distribution/warehouse and stealing the merchandise .

dont forget if item is not as described,you have to pay return shipping with tracking and anything over $750,signature confirmation. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

they also offer 10% discount and there is no physical address of the company,just a google map?

and no payment information,why dont you ask if they accept credit card direct?

to accept credit card direct,they have to apply for a merchant account with a bank 

Login to Me Too

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor

Are you saying they might be valid or do you think they are invalid?

Login to Me Too

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor

They said they do accept credit card direct.

Login to Me Too

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor
Johnson
Customer support

Chat started

YouPlease update your info
do you accept credit card direct?

Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

Johnson joined the chat
Johnson
Hi

Yes we do

Ok how do you get the 10% off

Johnson
10% Discount is applicable with Paypal payments only

Ok so is it automatically taken off?

Johnson
No, the link has to be generated manually through Live Chat staff.
Login to Me Too

antoniobrownjr
Contributor
Contributor
You — Please update your info
Ok so is it automatically taken off?

Johnson
No, the link has to be generated manually through Live Chat staff.

Ok so whenever I place an order I do live chat for the discount?

Johnson
Yes

Ok and all items are free shipping?

Johnson
yes but within USA only

Ok who do you use to ship with and how long does shipping normally take?

Johnson
USPS

7-9 Days only

Ok do you guys have a customer service telephone number?

Johnson
Sorry, we don't offer phone support
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.