Was scammed on $200, PayPal Buyer Protection is a joke

BernardoLima
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item because I thought PayPal buyer protection would cover me then was scammed on $200.

I'm a member since 2013, NEVER asked PayPal help for anything, and then, after four years of partnership, WHEN I MOST NEED THEM, they left me.

I'm truly sad and frutrated with PayPal and I'm surely not going to use PayPal services and will STRONGLY advise people TO NOT USE IT.

I'm just withdrawing the few dollars that left from my account after I got scammed and then will ask them to close my account permanently.

I already know that PayPal doesn't care for losing a partner like me, they don't need me, unfortunately it was me that needed them and got absolute no help.

This is a warning for everyone in the web, I do not want anyone going through something like that happened with me.

Truly disappointed.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of your transaction?

Where did you find the item for sale?

Login to Me Too

goodwillrn
New Community Member

I don't feel I was helped by paypal either as I did send information by the due date. I was scammed. I would like a person to talk to...as having done what I thought they had asked me to do (I'm not a computer person) but rather someone who wants to speak to a person on my behalf, they now say they've closed my case and there is nothing they can do...Bull...I'm a good customer...this is not how you treat your customers...I will use other methods of payment with this kind of support.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@goodwillrn

To advise further, details of your case is needed.  This is user to user forum so we do not have access to your account/case info. What sort of transaction? Physical goods or digital?  Was the item not as described or not received?  What dispute type did you file?  Not Received or NOT as Described?

Your case also has to meet the requirements of Purchase protection, that is the grounds on which PayPal will use to determine whether you are eligible for refund or not.  If you feel there are grounds for appeal, go to the closed cases section of the resolution center and appeal with new compelling evidence, if the option is available.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

1969brentyboy
New Community Member
I couldn’t agree more. I bought an item described as “fully functional”, but then I received it and it wouldn’t function properly. And yet they ruled against me. What kind of “protection” is that? It’s an absolute joke. PayPal could care less about its buyers. And the swindling sellers have learned this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.