'Waffle' group on FB. They're illegal??

Kay_Sanay
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know why this is more well known, but I was part of a raffle group on FB until I asked why they use waffle or '&affle' when talking about the items. After a google search, it is pretty clear that the group/page are making illegal transactions. Weird that there is no sort of easy way to report such content if you are removed from the group. How am I to do this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello @Kay_Sanay! How are you? As far as I know, the only way to contact Facebook, at this point, is a complaint through BBB.org. Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't have a way, other than reporting it through the persons or pages content, to report them. Which means, if you're blocked before you do that, then you won't be able to do anything. So, on Facebook, it's best to just only report them. To be honest, you should never contact people who are doing any, and I mean any, illegal activities as that could get you hurt or worse - whether it's in-person or online. Always report everyone's illegal activities - and only that. If you know the person and they didn't tell you about it, don't say anything about their illegal activities except to the police. Once again, that could lead to you getting hurt or worse. If you're wondering, no I'm not mad. I'm concerned and I'm just relaying this information to you from my employment experience in retail and fast-food - which is just from my training.

Anyways, let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Kay_Sanay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I've learned my lesson, that's why I wanted to do something about it so the page doesn't continue to get people joining not knowing that it is in fact totally not allowed. 

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You're welcome! I forgot to mention this but in the BBB.org complaint, you should give them as much detail about the group as you can. There can be multiple groups with the same name and you never know which one is not part of the same organization - if there is some sort of organization outside of the one group.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.