Virtual Currency for Real money.

JansonZheng
Contributor
Contributor

So I've been selling virtual currency for real money. First i ask for the money and they send it and then i give them for the virtual currency. A few days later or a few hours later they would file a dispute against me providing false claims that they didn't receive their merchandise when they clearly did. We have to solve it by ourselves or let pay pal decide. Clearly we both let pay pal decide and i provided proofs that i did give him the virtual currency for money. i usually wait like 30 days for the update on the claim. In the end the money goes back to the buyer(scammer). They provide useless information to me like oh you did not provide shipping or proof of delivery information when i did. Really Man. I lost like 300$ because Pay pal always send the money back the the buyer(scammer) i'm really **bleep** and i don't know what do to. It happened again but this time i couldn't find places to attach files or documents, screenshots and the money goes back to the buyer and they charged-back me 20$ and they're like oh if your account money goes negative please add MORE MONEY! .... 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sadly the scammers have actually read the User Agreement.  If you check out the User Agreement, note the Protection for Sellers section.  Here's a snippet from that section:

Ineligible items and transactions

Your sale is not eligible for coverage under PayPal’s Seller Protection program if:

• It involves intangible, non-physical, items, including digital goods, and services.  Digital goods are delivered and used in an electronic format, like a song delivered online or through a mobile application.
Login to Me Too

JansonZheng
Contributor
Contributor

Will i still be able to get my money back if i email paypal support about it. i just hope i can get back my money and this is the last time ill do it.  Can u help me with that snow-cat. i have proofs(screenshots) of me giving him the virtual currency.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.