Very very tricky German situation!!! HELP

LoveR32
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought this item, a 1:43 diecast from a German Seller(I´m in Germany as well). When it was delievered it was broken as **bleep**, the wheels came off the tires, mirrors are smashed. So I try to build a claim which the seller would agree to refund me once I return it. And becuase this is Germany which uses the DHL, it might be much harder than you think. To file a claim with the DHL you must return the damaged item to their office which they will later send back to the sender(seller) alongwith the refund. But the tracking number for which the item return from DHL to the buyer doesn't exsit!!!! Therefore I cannot really provide a real tracking number for the return process, therefore the seller may claim he never received the return item which he probably is doing by not confirming the return or replying to me. Also, I began to suspect the seller dilerbatlely sold me a damaged item since diecast should not be broken like that even with the worst shipping company in the world!

Unbenannt!.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seller is responsible for safe delivery of a product.  When shipping damage occurs is the seller's reponsibility to file claims and recover.  It is also the responsibility of the seller to refund all cost to buyer regardless of how the seller recovers from insurance.

So, focus on getting your money back from seller.  Let the seller know you will not file for damages with the shipper.

Then, open a claim with PayPal for not as described and explain the issue through the dispute.  You will likely have to pay to return the product with tracking.

this is where it is so important to use good buyer judgment when making a purchase to only use trusted sellers.  A repectable business would have promptly handled this matter.

Login to Me Too

LoveR32
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is I have already taken it to DHL. I really hope this is the States because Germany is really really weird. 

I just called Paypal and they said they'll give seller another week to confirm. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.