Vendor Requests Birthdate After Purchase

westcoastmkt
Contributor
Contributor

When you make a purchase on Paypal are you required to provide your birthdate to the vendor after the purchase. Vendor claims PayPal needs it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

westcoastmkt
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Vendor recieved an email from PayPal requesting my Birthdate. It was forwarded to me. My question is why is PayPal requesting vendors contact us for confindential info. PayPal should be contacting us if we purchase merchandise or services using PayPal for additional info. Stupid for them to request we send personal info to anyone we pay using paypal. Defeats the purpose of using this service.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal would not ask for your birthdate.

your vendor is BS ing you,may be he wants to use your personal data for some mischief.

what did you buy from him?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey wescoastmkt,

PayPal does sometimes need details to ensure we're being compliant with government regulations. I'm sorry to hear this has affected your transaction, but this is something that we ask our customers for in times where we need verification. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.