Unknown transaction FirstSavings

sasha1976
New Community Member

Hi guys, I have an unknown transaction on my bank report and I can't track it down, I see it's a recurring one since it's been shown on my last three reports. In the description, it only says Shopping FirstSavings and the transaction number. It's been charging me 8.95USD every 30th of the month, do you maybe know what this would be? My bank says it's in the UK but that's all they have, they suggest I block the card but it comes with a cost so, I thought of finding it out before the end of February. Anyway thanks to anyone who has some idea what it could be.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey sasha1976,

Unrecognized charges are definitely a concern! I would advise checking your account to see if the charges appear there. If so, you can dispute them using the steps listed here. You'll also want to change your password to ensure your account is secure and check your active billing agreements so you aren't charged again in the future if there's a subscription created with your account. 

If you don't see the charges on your PayPal account, it may mean your bank account or card number have been compromised. In that case, you'll need to make sure your account or card number are changed to stop any additional charges against your account. Then, you'll need to work with your financial institution to see what options they have to pursue the charges.

I hope this information helps - please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns we can help with. Have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.