Unfair Chargeback Disputes

tytycar
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paypal. I have recently gottem scammed. I was talking with someone over skype, and we decided to using Paypal to pay. 

I sent my money using Goods&Services. He confirms he got my money, then blocks me. I opened a chargeback this afternoon about it. Now, the seller is disputing the chargeback, saying that he never has dealt over skype, but I did pay for this product. I specifically paid for a "Minecon Cape Code". It is a link you click on, and it applies it to your account. He is saying, in his dispute towards the chargeback, that I bought Website Code. I also have many screenshots of this deal taking place. 

Now here is my bombshell, I have recorded this deal from the point where I sent him the money. I have video proof of him scamming me. 

All im asking is, is there any way for me to win this chargeback? I do not want to lose $170 to a scammer, because he lied in a chargeback dispute reply. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tytycar
Contributor
Contributor

NOTE : The seller (scammer) removed his messages stating his PayPal email to send the payment to. Ive caught it in the recording I had going. The seller, also used a fake coding screen as proof of "me ordering code".

He put a notes document overlaying the "code window" with his name in it. His email has that exact name

I think i can win against this scammer.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you file a credit card chargeback or a PayPal dispute? Because those are two different things.  

Chargeback is where you file dispute through your credit card and PayPal is disputing the case on behalf of the seller, whereas the card company fights on your behalf.  

PayPal dispute is where you and the seller work out the problem at PayPal Resolution Center and if you guys cannot work it out, one of you escalate the dispute to a claim and PayPal decides.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

darrylmueller
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal did not review all the facts in my case and refunded the money and droped the ball on return not even a tracking #.

Here the facts.

Please don't let PayPal get away with it.
This happened to me. I sold Canon 70 200 lens on EBay #192044780534 12/11/16 Delivered on 12/15/16 with tracking posted to PayPal. So PayPal holds funds. On 2/1/17 Buyer says autofocus stopped working. Opens a despute on EBay and that was declined and EBay closed. Then Buyer goes to PayPal and asks for a refundon 2/23/17 and is refunded the full amount + shipping. I appeal and on 3/8/17 my appeal is denied. PayPal does not even ask for a tracking # to return item to Seller in my case.

This is nothing more that theft. PayPal holding funds as long as possable to use for there own interest. Then unwilling to do the correct thing. In my case paypal used funds for 74 days. Ebay says I am correct, I sold like new. With no warrantee. At the most 30 days would be a gray area but 74 days. PayPal then ignored me and refunded the buyer that broke the lens and did not require the buyer to even return the lens with tracking number. If you feel treated unfairly don't let paypay off they must be making so much by holding money, and then not responsible about dispersments, they could have kept my money and I woulkd not know?

Course of action against PayPal small claims etc.
PayPal Inc.
2211 North First St.
San Jose, CA 95131

PayPal Agent for Service,
Vivian Imperial at C.T.Corporation Systems
818 W. 7th St. Ste 930
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal robot does not watch videos or read emails,hard cold fact is needed to win a dispute-online viewable tracking number from a carrier stating it has been delivered.

your seller is selling digital goods and haveno tracking number to prove delivery,so he loses.

Next time use your good judgment to buy online.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I think you may win if you filed Item Not Received and escalated PayPal dispute to a claim because the seller has to provide tracking number or compelling proof that the seller delivered the code.  And sellers have no PayPal protection for digital goods. This is why it is not good idea for people to sell or buyers to buy digital goods online, peer to peer.  Buy from big trusted retailers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.