Unclaimed Property Letter

B_Man
New Community Member

I am trying to determine if the letter I received is lagittamet or a scam.

It looks similar to what the State Controller's Office sends out.

It states that I must contact

PAYPAL

Jaime <removed>

<removed>

Unclaimed Property

Lavista NE 68128

<removed>

email: <removed>

Type of Property: MS17 Misc Intangible Property

And various other details...

This looks lagit, but you never know...

I am hoping that a PAYPAL representative can confirm if this is valid or not.

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

curious01
New Community Member

Just received the same letter.  Any information would be appreciated.  Is it a scam?

Login to Me Too

tcalcuppycakes
New Community Member
I'm assuming this is some form of a scam. This same letter arrived for me today at my Mother's house, an address to which I no longer receive mail. I might contact PayPal directly tomorrow, this seems too odd.
Login to Me Too

maligirl
New Community Member

The letter from Jaime Rose is NOT a fake. I first called the number on the letter, then looked the address up on google maps, it is a paypal office in Lavista Nebraska. I called paypal directly and after struggling a bit with the customer service person, because this unclaimed money was on my son's extinct college email account, I retrieved $457. So don't throw the letter away, it's real.

Login to Me Too

Karl-F
New Community Member

I have not contacted the number or email for Jaimie Rose, in fact i was almost going to toss the letter I received from California State Controller away thinking for sure it is a scam. I did a web search for "unclaimed property California PayPal" and I got the following result which now makes me wonder if this is legit? The web page references dates from January 13th to Fen 10th *2012* The sample letters loooks slightly different because the past state controllers name is on the stationary but the envelope and state seal match. 

http://www.sco.ca.gov/unclaimed_property_letters_2012.html

Login to Me Too

rbharris1984
New Community Member

Not sure if you ever cleared this up but you can go to unclaimed.org to 

Login to Me Too

paumaximus
New Community Member

It is legit, you can contact them to the email stated on the page which is "unclaimedmoney at paypal dot com"

They will answer back telling you

"Our records indicate you have a positive balance in your PayPal account and that your account has not been accessed for at least 3 years. A successful login is the only action required to keep your account active."

So you just need to log in in your account. In my case was that Im not using that email account anymore so I will need to wait until the money is sent to the state.

Cheers,

Login to Me Too

drewster1
New Community Member

I called teh number and a voicemail said that Jamie <removed> is a Paypal employee and we were supposed to call <removed> which is Paypals general unclaimed property number but my $184.08 was already cliamed by me several months ago sadly...  Not a scam though give them a call!

Login to Me Too

dbega72
New Community Member

You can use this site to see if it real.

claimit.ca.gov this will list everything the state of california is holding in your name. I just found my mother in law over $3,000 in old stock her mother had left her.  Ifound like $40.00 in my name. Also it will list the information needed to claim your property.

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.