Unauthortized messages

rebamac2007
New Community Member

I'm receiving messages with my email address about purchasing things but I did not do any of that. How do I contact Paypal to correct?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @rebamac2007

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community Forums!  It sounds like you have some concerns about potential unauthorized transactions. 

If you do not recall making any purchases through PayPal, I would first recommend visiting the PayPal website directly to log into your account and review your account activity.

If you do not see any purchases, then it's very likely the email you received is a phishing email. To report phishing emails to us, please forward them to spoof@paypal.com. 

If you see that there have been charges made without your permission, please follow these steps to report them to us right away! You will be prompted through the process to change your password and security questions to prevent any further unauthorized activity.

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.