Unauthorized third party access or Somebody stolen eBay and PayPal access

Valex
New Community Member

I listed crypto currency on eBay.

After sold it, I have received money through PayPal.

Everithing was OK - the buyer have a excellent reputation, the physical address is verified, full name the same eBay and PayPal.

I asked a buyer provide me a crypto currency wallet address and confirm it my double message.

Unfortunatelly, when transaction of crypto currency was done, I have recived a message from PayPal: some body had Unauthorized third party access to the account.

In 10 days resolving the issue the PayPal desided return the money back to buyer and nothing compensation to me.

As result, I have lost all of money.

I had 24 the same fraud transactions in the week - in my opinion, somebody has stolen huge eBay and PayPal account and can use them.

Could you explain me how can I protect my business on eBay+PayPal selling a crypto currency there? Or how can I return my lost money back?

If somebody had the same issue and decided this to his favor let me know about it please. Because I don't understand why eBay+PayPal have poor security protection, but I have to loosing my money for that.

eBay+PayPal have the biggest fee from sellers in the world, but don't protect me in this case.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

manos7
Contributor
Contributor

hey man after 2 months did u get any answer from pp?

Login to Me Too

kronicali
New Community Member

I have learnt my lesson, all $600 USD of it gone. Buyer come claiming to buy your coins, make payment and file hackattack. Then uses paypal loophole and gets a charge back to their accounts.

We the legit sellers suffer. This is also with other types of listings not just cryptos. Ebay is earning bad rep, paypal is loosing its positive rep. We all are suffering, ebay/paypal needs to force 2 factor authenication with mobiles and faceverify. Allow sellers to set face verify on listings, forcing buyers to verfiy before making payments- sellers see that buyer is legit and serious and can move forward, there is no claiming of hack attack!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.