Unauthorized shipping info changed

Jerseybandit
Contributor
Contributor

I recently went onto ebay to order an item. I went to checkout via paypal and noticed my shipping address was changed to

<removed>

This is not my address as i live in pennsylvania nor would i have changed my shipping address to an unknown location. Someone has obviously got into my account and changed shipping address, im sure they did this to many accounts to obtain items they didn't pay for and sell them. i went onto pay pal to report the problem but you cant file a report unless a unauthorized charge has been made. or am i wrong? How do i report this address as fraud? i changed my password and changed my shipping address to the correct location. last week about 7 times i received and email from ebay that someone has obtained my user info and password and they reset my security question. there has been no suspicious activity on my ebay, pay pal, or bank account other than the shipping address change. I have for years used the same devices and the same apps and i am computer , but how can someone so easily obtain my info and change shipping address?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

use your cellphone to access PAYPAL?

Login to Me Too

Jerseybandit
Contributor
Contributor
I do, and tablet and computer, but all the apps i have are play store trusted and i have used the cell for many years with paypal with no issues.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It happens on AMZN as well,you better remove that address

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jerseybandit,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized access! Since this is about more than just a transaction, it would be best to contact customer support and talk with a representative so you can work together to assess the extent of the changes made by a fraudster and re-secure the account. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this is resolved swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DiSkudGo
New Community Member

Just has the same happen where I ordered a few things from a few different eBay vendors.  When I received the tracking detail for the shipment showing delivered, I tracked it to another city.  There was no eBay notification of the change in ship to address, so i never even had a chance to change it.  I changed my security as recommended to the two-pronged notification, deleted the fraudulent ship to and reset my password.  Ebay admits to the fraud by is telling me there is nothing they can do.  Insane.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.