Unauthorised Account

Victoria_Daniel
New Community Member
Please can someone help. We are at our wits end. My mum's identity has been stolen by her partner/con man. He has run up a huge number of debts etc. The police are informed. She is current working her way through the companies but only has her credit file and bank statements to work from. According to her credit file, there has been activity with PayPal. She did have a PayPal account years ago but can't remember the details. i think he must have opened a new one as he had access to her bank and emails. She has tried to call PayPal but they want card details from. The only debit card she had, he took when he left. This has since been cancelled by the bank. We are aware that he has set up bogus email addresses for other companies as well so i imagine he has done the same here. Would anyone here be able to point me in the right direction please?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Victoria_Daniel,

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's situation - that is definitely concerning! It sounds like you've already tried to contact us about the situation, and that's a great start. In order to find an account related to fraud, PayPal would require a bank or debit/credit card number to search for activity. The bank should have this information on hand, but if they don't, we can try searching using other identifiable information related to your mother if we have those details in our system. If we're not able to locate an account or transactions, the best option is to work with her bank to report the charges and see what options they may have for her to resolve them. Hopefully this is taken care of soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.