Transaction not showing up in Resolution Centre

Sebas93B
New Community Member

I am trying to open a dispute with a seller. On Oct. 16th, i paid for several items from their store. They only sent me a partial order, and the larger expensive item was still missing from the order.
The seller then told me it was now out of stock, and offered me an alternative but more expensive item. I agreed to this.
So the the seller sent me a custom quote on their website, which covered the difference of the two items. I also paid for this through PayPal.

It has now been weeks, and the new item still has not arrived, and the seller has not provided any tracking number or indication that it has been sent.

The second payment i made is available to open a dispute in Paypal resolution centre. However the initial first transaction i made is not showing up anywhere in the resolution centre. I have a Receipt No. however that is not helping me find the transaction. I would like to dispute both transactions, because i still have not received that initial item i paid for, nor has the replacement been sent out. Please advise

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sebas93B,

Thank you for posting in the community! I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your item.

Did you make the initial payment through your PayPal account, or was it a guest transaction using your credit card? If it was a guest transaction, the transaction would not show up in your account activity and you would not be able to dispute it through the Resolution Centre. Typically, you would need to process the payment through your PayPal account in order to have Purchase Protection available.

If you do not have a PayPal account created in association with the email address used at the time of the first payment, there will be a link in the receipt email that allows you to create an account. If you create an account using that link, you should then be able to see the transaction in the activity and the Resolution Centre. If you already have an account open with that email address, you will not be able to create a new account using that link.

If you do have a PayPal account using the same email address as the one used to make the payment, please contact customer support to see if there are any options available. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.