Tips for selling expensive iteam via paypal

Alex_Mostovoy
New Community Member

Hello, so I'm trying to sell an item on eBay, and it worth around a $1000, and obviously I'm accepting paypal payment. But I've heard that it's really easy to refund money, how can I ensure that the buyer won't refund money after I'll send an item. Will transfering money to my bank account after I have it on my paypal work?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

There are no guarantees and withdrawing the money as soon as you get it in no way protects yourself.   If there's an issue with the item, the buyer can request a refund - it's between the buyer and seller to work it out.   Should the buyer want to escalate the issue if no agreement can be reached, he or she can open a dispute - if the issue still cannot be resolved, the buyer can elevate the dispute to a claim - then PayPal gets involved and makes the final decision.   Should PayPal decide to refund the buyer and you have moved the money to your bank account - this could put your PayPal Account into a negative status which in turn will limit your account until the money is paid back.   Selling is a risk however, it can also be rewarding and there's lots of great customers out there - you just don't hear the good stories - only the negative ones because that is what gets people's attention.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Alex_Mostovoy,

Everything @Snow-Cat said is correct, but PayPal does also offer seller protection, provided that all the requirements are met. To see what you can do to ensure that seller protection is available, please take a look here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.