This time Paypal responded to my spoof reporting with "Your Message Was Blocked"

limerent
Contributor
Contributor

Usually when I forward a spoof email to Paypal, I get an initial "Thank You For Your Submission" and then later on will get a "Thank You For Reporting a Fake Website" email. Both have always been sent from spoof@paypal.com and both always had a string of numbers and letters representing a case number. Today, instead I only got a "Your Message Was Blocked" message from Paypal's supposed "do not reply" email. Is this legit?

"Thanks for contacting PayPal and sending us the suspicious email you received.

We have identified malicious content in the email you sent to us and have blocked that email from our systems.

If you haven’t done so already, please delete the email.  Thanks again for contacting us and letting us know about this fake email. You can visit our Help Center to learn more about spoof and how to protect yourself from scams.

***Please do not respond to this message. It was sent from a non-monitored box.***

(my email)
Fw: Case ID Number: PP-003-523-157-760
11/22/17

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.