The first time to start dispute case. Please advise

louis1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody. I am a buyer and it's the first time ever I 've started a case on Paypal.

In May 2017, I purchased a custom made product from a foreign seller. Before payment, he was being nice and promised me everything, and our communication was smooth. After payment, his attitude changed drastically, ignored my instant mobile messages for weeks, and it was like he had disappeared.  A few days ago I had no ways but started a case on Paypal.

The reason is "Item not received" 

The seller finally approached me after I opened the case, with all the explanations and excuses that do not help me any. Paypal sent an email to me, notifying that the case will close on 18th Oct 2017 if no action is taken before that. 

The seller tells me that my products will arrive on or before 10th Oct 2017.

Here , my question is

- Which action should I take if I do not recceive anything before 10th Oct but he has shipped with tracking?

- The product is custom made and I need some time (at least a couple of days) to test it out to see if there

are any problems. If I only get the products on , let say 12th or 13th something and I may not have enough

time to test it out. Which action should I take?

There are four options now I can see in the resolution center.

1. Mark this problem as resolved

2. Received the item but it's significantly different from its description

3. Escalate to PayPal

4. Go to resolution center

Now, the fact is - my products are custom made and it often takes weeks to finish. However, the seller only starts to manufacture it now after 4 months of payment and opening cases and I am so worried that he is rushing for the deadline and giving bad work.

What I should do if I am receiving something bad? 

And what should I do if I only receive the products on , for example, 14th Oct 2017 (while the closing date of case is 18th Oct 2017).In that case, I don't have enough time to test the products. In that case, I have received the products, but I don't have enough time to test it ou to see if it's correct and function. Which action should I take?

Last but not least, all the conversation between the seller and I are on Email, whatsapp and skype which is out of the control of PayPal. How can our agreement be protected and reviewed by PayPal? taking screenshots of the chat message?

Thank you for all the advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@louis1234

This was a real bad decision to order an international item and let the seller hold your money for 4 months.  You didn't even know much about the seller.  Experienced sellers are very smart, savvy, and knowledgeable about PayPal policies and practices.  That will always give them a huge advantage over inexperienced PayPal members who don't know much about PayPal policies and practices and really have no experience with international purchases.

You do have options at this point but you need to do your own research with PayPal policies and determine how much money you are willing to lose.

First suggestion is to immediately file a dispute with PayPal of item not received; it's the only option you have for a dispute.

Next, as soon as possible escalate to a claim.

Do not accept any excuses from seller.

You need to determine if you want a refund or just loose your money on a bad product.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

do us all a favor,go read Paypal seller and buyer protection,there is no protection for customs order.

Goodbye.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@louis1234

This was a real bad decision to order an international item and let the seller hold your money for 4 months.  You didn't even know much about the seller.  Experienced sellers are very smart, savvy, and knowledgeable about PayPal policies and practices.  That will always give them a huge advantage over inexperienced PayPal members who don't know much about PayPal policies and practices and really have no experience with international purchases.

You do have options at this point but you need to do your own research with PayPal policies and determine how much money you are willing to lose.

First suggestion is to immediately file a dispute with PayPal of item not received; it's the only option you have for a dispute.

Next, as soon as possible escalate to a claim.

Do not accept any excuses from seller.

You need to determine if you want a refund or just loose your money on a bad product.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.