Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a chronograph from the Tha DU Store.  Price was the best by $20 on a $120 item.  Did some follow up later and now am concerned.  Anybody buy anything from these guys - in CA.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33
Solved

kbppaulk
Contributor
Contributor

well i recieved my package yesterday it was also shipped from toys r us and they payed more then what i payed them for it. So im glad i got what i want and still payed less but confused to why they are paying more! thoughs of you that are still waiting its due to them waiting on to whom they turned around and bought your product from! This is not a store they are buying products from other companies and having them ship to your house! they are also paying more then what we payed for the item.

Login to Me Too

davidlabelle

So, DO NOT order anything from this website/scam. This customer is running what people call a Triangle Scam. He takes secured payment from us through paypal, but then turns around and orders the product we want with someone else's credit card info and has it shipped directly to you. This is why people are seeing receipts in their packages with higher cost then what you are paying. The good thing is that he cant scam our payment information because we are protected by paypal, but he is somehow getting other people's credit card info and purchasing the products we want. I ordered a game camera from him and as it was being shipped to me, all of a sudden, there was a return to sender message on the UPS tracking code I was sent to track my package. I called UPS and they couldnt tell me why it was returned to the sender, but that it was shipped back to CABELAS. I thought that was odd, I didnt order the game camera from Cabelas. So, I called Cabelas and they looked up the order by the UPS tracking number, then explained what was going on. Supposedly, whoever is running this website, has had other websites similar and he frequently uses Cabelas to order the products. I have already reported this to PayPal and am waiting on my refund. 

Login to Me Too

GigiCA
New Community Member
Disney store had a good sale a few weeks ago. But the DU store had better deal, so decided to buy. A week later I get an email that there is an update with my order, Status: refund. Tere explanation. I would not recommend buting anything from them.
Login to Me Too

DarthFring
Contributor
Contributor

An Update for my experience from an earlier post.

I ordered two items on 12/31 (trail cameras).

I received one of those items (not two).  That item had a receipt charging a name (last name Raja) I was not familiar with for a price more then I paid.

Attempts to communicate with the seller were unsuccessful.  There never were any responses to my inquiries about a refund.  Don't expect any customer service from the seller.

Ultimately the seller issued a refund for the price of the one item I did not receive through pay pal's resolution center.

The item I did receive was new in the box as advertised.  My experience is DO NOT order more then one item at a time.  They are good deals but don't risk more then your willing to lose.

Login to Me Too

glipack01

this company is definitely a scam. Awaiting a refund on 6 car seats that were too good of a deal and never shipped. Pay pal should shut them off

Login to Me Too

gregsb
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a scam. They use a stolen credit card to buy the item from an online retailer and have it shipped to your house. At some point the online retailer determines that it's fraud and either stops the shipment or tells you that you owe them the cost of the item. In my case I received the item and then I received a letter from Cabelas stating that I owe them $200 for the item because of the fraud. I sent the item back to Cabelas and opened a claim with paypal. They decided in the sellers favor because he provided them with a valid tracking number. That automatically closed the claim. I called and explained the situation, but they are telling me there's nothing they can do because he gave them a valid tracking number. Now I've been on hold with the fraud department for an hour. Sound ridiculous. It is. Paypal is facilitating this fraud. If it isn't resolved I will definitely be closing my account. Do yourself a favor and don't buy from this seller and reconsider how secure you feel in using Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

gregsb
Contributor
Contributor

The fraud department is excellent. All resolved. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

DarthFring
Contributor
Contributor

wrote:

The fraud department is excellent. All resolved. Thank you very much.

gregsb:

When did you place your order with Tha Du Store?  When did you receive a notice from Cabela's about owing money?

Login to Me Too

gregsb
Contributor
Contributor
I placed the order 1-7 and the letter from cabelas was dated 1-19. My guess is it all depends on when the credit card charge is reported as fraudulent. Do not take no for an answer from the first paypal rep you speak to. The 1st person was unhelpful, the 2nd guy was excellent.
Login to Me Too

DarthFring
Contributor
Contributor

I placed my order on 12/31 but the purchase was made on 1/3.  I haven't received any letter but cabela's wasn't the store my item was bought from either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.